Thursday, October 15, 2020
Home Uncategorized Nigerian Army dismisses three soldiers caught with kidnapping gang

Nigerian Army dismisses three soldiers caught with kidnapping gang

The Nigerian Army on Sunday said it has dismissed three soldiers arrested among a kidnapping gang in the outskirts of Maiduguri.

Olusegun Adeniyi, the Theater Commander, Operation Lafiya Dole, disclosed this while handing over the dismissed soldiers to the police in Maiduguri.

Mr Adeniyi, a major general, disclosed that the soldiers were arrested with 22 other suspects by a joint patrol team in the early hours of Sunday at a building in the outskirts of Maiduguri.

He said that the soldiers were initially deployed to the Operation Lafiya Dole, but engaged in nefarious activities such as kidnapping, armed robbery, killings and cultism.

Mr Adeniyi added that the erring soldiers were dismissed in accordance with the military procedures, warning that the army would not condone criminals in its fold.

“The three soldiers were caught among the evil group, there was further resistance and attempt to escape, so we tied them up with ropes because handcuffs were not available.

“In addition; we could not put violent men that do this kind of crimes into a police van to take to the station, there will be breakout on the road and we know what would happen.

“We have to restrain them thoroughly with ropes before we take them and handover to the police.

“The Acting GOC, 7 Division, Brig.-Gen. AK Ibrahim, has conducted military procedures. We do not keep armed robbers, kidnappers and cultists in the army, they had been dismissed.

“We gathered here to witness their handover to the Nigeria Police Force (NPF) for civic action, they are dismissed, and they are no longer soldiers of the Nigerian Army.

“Our code of conduct is strict and high, no evil soldier will be allowed to serve in the army,” Adeniyi said.

The commander called on the people to be vigilant and report suspicious persons, movement and activities to security agencies.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

FOLLOW US:

6,985FansLike
1,458FollowersFollow
553SubscribersSubscribe

Most Popular

NYIF: You can now register for FG’s N75bn youth investment fund

The federal government says it has opened the portal for Nigerians to apply for its N75 billion youth investment fund.

#EndSARS: Reps summon IG of Police

An ad hoc committee set up by the House of Representatives on the ongoing nationwide protests against the now-disbanded Special Anti-Robbery Squad...

FCT bans #EndSARS protest in Abuja

Minister of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Muhammad Musa Bello, has banned all forms of street protests in the capital city of...

NIMC: National Identity Number to be made compulsory soon – Pantami

The Federal Government, through the Ministry of Communications and Digital Economy, has revealed that the National Identity Number (NIN) will soon be...