The federal government has announced the removal of lockdown in Kano.
The Chairman of the Presidential Taskforce , Mr. Boss Mustapha announced this on Monday at the daily presidential briefing in Abuja.
The details of the protocols is as follows:
- Nationwide curfew remains in place, timing now 10pm—4am.
- Full opening of financial sector – normal working hours
- Restricted opening of places of worship, (regular church & mosque services ONLY), to be based on State Govt protocols.
- Interstate travel remains prohibited except for goods &essential travel
- Gathering of >20 persons remains prohibited;outside of workplaces + religious services
- Aviation Industry requested to start developing protocols for domestic flights to possibly resume from June 21.
Hotels may reopen, Restaurants outside of hotels must remain closed for eat-in—TAKEOUT ONLY
Bars, gyms, cinemas, nightclubs, parks closed until further evaluation
All schools to remain closed until further evaluation
Offices maintain 2m physical distancing + 75% max capacity
All guidelines as issued by #PTFCOVID19.
Guidelines to be implemented/ enforced by State Governments
All permitted openings (hotels, religious services etc) to maintain non-pharmaceutical interventions (masks, sanitizers/handwashing, 2m distancing, capacity limits, etc)
Note: June 21 opening for domestic flights is TENTATIVE. Certain conditions have to be fulfilled between now & then, explains Hadi Sirika